Sunday, October 31, 2010

Interview with Mark McCloud

-Mark McCloud-
New Forms of Loafting Sour Dough


Thursday, November 4th, 6-9pm

Ever Gold interview with Mark McCloud

When did you move to San Francisco

I moved here after getting my MFA and a postgraduate year at U.C.Davis in 1978.


Where did you go on your first trip?

I am still ON my first trip!


Did you spend a lot of time with the likes of Timothy Leary, Jerry Garcia, or Aldous Huxley?

Tim and I tripped together!

I tripped to Jerry but more to Pig-Pen!

Huxley and I still trip together!




What time in the morning did the Feds first nock on your door and what transpired from that day?

The Feds came early last time, {at 2:00 P.M. the first time in "92} but I was up and out already getting my girlfriend breakfast!


When did you start collecting and producing blotter tab art?

I collected for 15 years and then started making it! I have made it for 20 years.


Your collection has over 40,000 pieces- would you say it’s the biggest in the world? What pieces are you putting in the Ever Gold show?

Size isn't everything!

The Ever Gold Show will have my next 1000 hits!




Can you talk about your adventures on the board at SFAI in the early 70’s?

Was there 10 years on the Artist's Board till I became Vice-Chairman under the great Mark Van Proyen in the late eighties! Not as old as I look.....They had the courage to show the first blotter show in 1987!


What can one expect at the opening reception?

At my show: always expect handcuffs and 20 to life! and i hope i can play some Marshmallow Overcoat for us all!





No comments:

Post a Comment